Sometimes you can get real creative in the kitchen and sometimes you just don’t have time…needless to say, as we near the end of the school year we’re all super busy finishing up sports and school activities.
This Soyaki chicken is a quick, healthy dinner that is ready as soon as you get home – and your kids will love it, too! What’s soyaki? Fresh garlic, fresh ginger and preservative-free soy sauce form the flavor base for this unique, Asian-style sauce that’s far from your run-of-the-mill teriyaki!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1/2 bottle of Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki sauce
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- Place chicken, Soyaki sauce and 2 cups of broth in crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.
- Break up chicken (pull apart using two forks) and put over steamed broccoli, rice or both! Yum!
Per serving (makes 6): 270 calories, 6g fat, 16g carbs, 35g protein, 13g sugar