Eat the rainbow! Here is a refreshing recipe that has tons of color and flavor! Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold. In this recipe, we add seafood and fresh, seasonal fruit. The result is a kind of gazpacho-ceviche hybrid (ceviche is fish marinated in citrus juice) that is the perfect meal for a hot, summer night!
- 1 mango
- 1 navel orange
- zest of orange and lime (to taste)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds)
- 1 habanero pepper (remove seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 small orange and red pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh grouper
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (boil for 1-2 minutes and cool)
- Cut grouper and shrimp in bite-sized pieces and place in lime juice for 20 minutes (grouper should turn opaque).
- Cut all fruit and veggies into cubes and put in bowl and mix.
- Add grouper and shrimp once marinated and mix again.
- Store in airtight container and let sit for at least an hour.
- Enjoy as is or serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Yum!
(per 10 about 1/2 cup servings)
63 calories, 6g protein, 10 carbs, 2g fiber, 6g sugar, .5g fat