If you’re looking for a sweet treat that isn’t processed and full of calories, this is it! It’s full of potassium, natural sugar and really hits the spot when you’re craving some ice cream – but has only 1g of fat and less than 175 calories per serving!
My kids love this “clean” dessert – and so do I!
- 3 FROZEN bananas (cut into slices if you don’t have a super-duper blender) – make sure you peel the bananas BEFORE you freeze them!
- 4 Tablespoons of your favorite milk (I like to use unsweetened Coconut or Almond!)
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (to taste)
- Optional: add a scoop of DotFit Whey Smooth (or your favorite protein powder!) to bump up the protein
- Put all ingredients in a Vitamix or equivalent strong blender
- Occasionally scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth, approximately 3 minutes.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy immediately as a soft serve! Or, if you want firmer ice cream, place in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1 hour.
Top with your favorite ice cream toppings for an added treat!
Yield: 2 servings (nutritional info using unsweetened Coconut milk)
174 calories, 41g carbs, 1g fat, 2g protein, 6 g sodium, 22 g sugar